It’s one of the most popular indicators for finding the trend exhaustion, the main use case of this indicator is to find the exhaustion of current trend and get a high probability quick counter trend entry but some traders use it for trading reversals by waiting for completion of countdown bars and then trade the reversal.
The idea behind this indicator is to count the trend bars up to ninth bar and after close of ninth sequential trend bar we will expect an exhaustion period for current trend and this exhaustion can be a huge pullback or just a short consolidation period, the ninth bar can be an early exit signal if you are riding the trend or an entry signal if you are a counter-trend trader or a reversal trader.
After the first counting period finished (1-9) bars the second counting period will begin which is called “Countdown bars” and these bars continue up to 13 and it’s not consecutive like the first counting period.
End of countdown bars can give you a high probability reversal signal.
Our TD indicator allows you to customize all aspects of the TD system and even change the number of bars that will be used for calculation of sequential bars from 4 to any number you want to.
It’s not just an indicator but it’s a complete trading system that is used by lots of professional traders for all markets.
The indicator zip package contains a tutorial PDF document which is written by Jason Perl, there you can find an in-depth detail about this system.
- Being able to use price flip or not for starting the bar count
- Recognizing the “Perfect buy and sell signals”
- Counting the countdown bars after completion of the sequential bars
- Changing the maximum sequential bars number
- Changing the maximum countdown bars number
- Popup, sound, Telegram, and email alert for specific sequential or countdown bars number
- Setting the distance of numbers from bars based on pips
- Showing bullish/bearish Price Flips on your chart